- Breakfast: Muller Greek yogurt with candied almonds
- Midmorning Snack: N/A
- Lunch: 2 slices of pepperoni pizza (finally gone!)
- Afternoon Snack: Grapes and carrots with hummus
- Dinner: All of it came up, so I guess it doesn’t really matter :/
- Dessert/Evening Snack: 1/2 cup rum raisin ice cream
- Drinks: 48 oz. water; large nonfat latte; tea
- 25ish leisurely minutes of walking on lunch (active rest day)
So today wasn’t a bad rest day, really. I woke up with my body feeling MUCH less sore - still some residual ab and arm soreness. Ate the last of the pizza, finally, and set out to make myself a fantastic dinner. And it was, fantastic… until I started feeling sick. So, a few years ago I tried scallops for the first time and got sick. Being a long-time seafood aficionado, I chalked it up to just one food that my tummy didn’t like and kept trucking. Then shrimp started bothering me in 2011. Ugh.
Now I guess it’s extended to more sea creatures, including tilapia, because I got major stomach cramps and my tongue felt funny and I ended up throwing the whole lot up. Double ugh.
I’m going to see my doctor soon, so I’ll add that to the list of things to discuss with him. *sigh*
Hopefully I’ll be good as new tomorrow so I can do W4D2 of C25K!
- Breakfast: Muller Greek yogurt with honeyed apricot; 1 banana
- Midmorning Snack: 2 clementines, ~2 tablespoons Earth Balance coconut peanut spread (actually getting kinda sick of this stuff lol… overload!)
- Lunch: Leftovers! 4.5 oz. chicken breast with corn & edamame succotash; chocolate chip cookie
- Afternoon Snack: Medium gala apple; Zone Perfectly Simple cranberry almond bar
- Dinner: Green protein shake (banana, protein powder, almond milk, spinach, peanut butter) + 1 slice of pepperoni pizza
- Dessert/Evening Snack: N/A
- Drinks: 64 oz. water; 2 cups of coffee
- C25K Week 4, Day 1
Oh. my. god. My muscles hate me right now. I was super sore all day from yesterday’s strength training… and then I took my body on a treadmill run. Tomorrow will almost definitely be an active rest day. Was going to do more strength, but I don’t really think I should put my muscles through much more, especially with an even longer run coming up on Wednesday. But it’s been an excellent couple of days and I’m so thrilled to feel my body working after a few days of nothingness.
I think I may have perfected my green smoothie. Much as I loved blueberries, I think I like banana and peanut butter with the spinach more. I also put in more ice this time, so it was pretty frosty and delicious. Yum! I’m trying to get rid of the remaining pizza, but being smart about it. Much as I’d love to chow down on all 3 remaining slices, I’m sticking to one tonight and the other two will be tomorrow’s lunch.
It’s all about moderation, folks :)
Now, where is my bed…. x_x
Blah blah busy blah blah accountability blah.
- Breakfast: 6 oz. raspberry Greek yogurt, 2 clementines
- Midmorning Snack: Small apple, ~2 tablespoons peanut butter coconut spread
- Lunch: Quinoa black bean chili & 1/2 roastbeef sandwich with carmelized onions, mushrooms, swiss cheese and oh-so-terrible-but-omg-delicious horseradish mayo. Divine.
- Afternoon Snack: Carrot sticks & hummus
- Dinner: Blueberry protein shake
- Dessert/Evening Snack: Zone Perfectly Simple cranberry almond bar
- Drinks: Mucho water; 1 cup of coffee with 1 tbsp. sugarfree caramel-vanilla creamer; venti skinny Starbucks vanilla spice latte
- Week 3, Day 3 of C25K - 30 minutes total; 10 minutes running
Yeahhhhhh! Perfect day was super freaking perfect. I was going to make a chicken salad for dinner, but my chicken hadn’t thawed and I was super hungry so I made a beefed up protein shake instead. Mmm. The latte from Starbucks ate a lot of calories (250) but it was free and sooooo delicious.
As I’ve already posted, my workout was awesome. Gonna get a nice core & upper body strength workout in tomorrow after the grocery store. Reallllly hoping this IUD thing doesn’t knock me out for more than a couple of days.
Not much to say for yesterday - I started off with a heavy breakfast (giant omelette and sinfully delicious cinnamon raisin bread), but something didn’t agree with me and most of it er… came back out :/
Needless to say, no exercise - just a LOT of feeling crappy. Got my shopping done, though, so I’m stocked on healthy choices for the next couple of weeks!